Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Is Halloween your favorite holiday? Did you buy the entire stock of tinsel and sequins from your local craft store? We here at Racked want to see your awesome DIY Halloween costumes. Here's the deal:
1. Make your costume. By "DIY" we mean "Not purchased at a store."
2. Post a Twitpic (or YFrog, or your platform of choice) of your costume on Twitter.
3. Tweet the picture @Racked and use the hashtag #rackedoween.
4. Do this before 10 AM EST on Tuesday, November 1. We know you're going to have a sugar hangover something fierce, but rules are rules.
We will post our favorite submissions here on Racked, and the winner will get a swag bag of products from L'Occitane (including the Lavender Foaming Bath, pictured) and Radical Skincare.
· All Halloween 2011 Coverage [Racked]