Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month fashion brands of all types are getting involved and creating special products to raise money for research and awareness. Here are 13 ways to support breast cancer charities through purchases of some of our favorite brands.
1. Ralph Lauren's "Pink Pony" collection is back in support of The Pink Pony Fund (supporting Breast Cancer Awareness), this year with a new, special edition leather luxury "Ricky Bag." 100% of proceeds from purchases of the bag as well as Pink Pony t-shirts, polo shirts, and caps will benefit The Pink Pony Fund. The campaign has raised over $40 million for various BCA charities world wide, since it's inception in 2000.
2. Fiat has issued 500 "Pink Ribbon" models this month. For every model purchased, the company will be donating $1000 to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation with a minimum donation of $50,000 being made.
3. Forever 21 has a variety available this month in honor of breast cancer awareness in clothing and beauty as part of their "Give to Love, Love to Give" initiative. Between September 1st and November 1st, purchase any of their participating pink items called "The Courage Collection", including this pale pink blazer for $26.90 or the "Nothing is Impossible" sweatshirt for $13.90 and 10% of the proceeds will be going to The Susan G. Komen for the Cure, with a guaranteed minimum of $25,000.
4. Bare Necessities is has a special line of pink bras that are available, special edition, this month, but they aren't limiting purchases of pink to donate. Every bra (not just their special BCA line) purchased in the month of October will trigger a donation of $0.25 to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
5. Lacoste's "Pink Power for Fall, Pink Croc Collection" features a variety of signature Lacoste items, from pink-striped polos to watches, shoes, and other accessories. Throughout October, the company will donate 10% of the retail prices of what is purchased will go to The Breast Cancer Research Fund. Show support and give with the purchase of this polo ($85) or watch ($95).
6. Violent Lips has partnered with The National Breast Cancer Coalition for their October issued "Pink Ribbon Pouts." $2 per each $9.99 package sold of the pink ribbon adorned temporary lip tattoos will go to The Pink Ribbon Fund.
7. Department store, Lord & Taylor has partnered with Glamour Magazine, Oscar de la Renta, Ralph Lauren, Harper's Bazaar and more, for a variety of events and special projects for "Project Pink." All throughout Breast Cancer Awareness Month, customers can get involved through purchases and event participation. Designers from Jill Stuart, Badgley Mischka and Phoebe Couture have designed BCA dresses in collaboration with Swarovski Crystal for which 10% of proceeds will go to The Libby Ross Breast Cancer Foundation.
8. Swarovski's pink-in-the-spirit-of-breast-cancer-awareness Glamour Bracelet supports The American Breast Cancer Foundation and encourages "flaunting your support with style."
9. Stila has introduced a reduced price "Positive and Pretty Palette" for Breast Cancer Awareness Month for $14 in various shades of support-driven pink. Valued at $62, the purchase of this product will garner a 10% donation to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
10. Shiseido supports charity Cancer and Careers with the launch of their Shimmering Rouge Lipstick in the "Iron Maiden" color. $5 goes to Cancer and Careers for every purchase made of the product, which is available for $25.
11. Tumi's special issue Breast Cancer Awareness Collection is covered in pink-ribbon-support. Through the month of October, 20% of all proceeds from the collection will be going to The Breast Cancer Research Fund to aid in the fight against breast cancer.
12. Juicy Couture has a special edition lace pink tee in support of BCA. For each tee purchased, the $25 goes to The Breast Cancer Research Fund with a minimum total donation of $5000.
13. Betsey Johnson is representing the CFDA for the "Fashion Targets Breast Cancer" initiative and has collaborated with Chambord for "Pink Your Drink" as well as released tons of special edition pieces from socks to pins to charms and this metallic tote which a portion of proceeds going to The Fashion Targets Breast Cancer Foundation.—Payton Wang
· All Breast Cancer Awareness Month related coverage [Racked]