Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
We've already covered what ankle boots you'll need this season, but since we just got snow here in the Northeast, our attention has shifted to those that come up to the knee. We've picked out ten that we like the best—and be proud, there's only one basic black pair.
1. Gucci lace-up leather knee boots, $1,550 at Net-a-Porter: These lace-up Gucci boots will keep you toasty and stylish, simultaneously.
2. Vanessa Bruno suede knee high boots, $1,051 at Boutique1: And these rust-brown Vanessa Bruno's are a nice, subtle way to do suede.
3. Gucci leather knee boots, $1,795 at Net-a-Porter: An obvious choice, for obvious reasons.
4. Prada suede and python knee-high boots, $1,700 at Saks: It takes a certain kind of woman to pull these off, and if this just so happens to be you, well then, congratulations.
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs leather and corduroy knee boots, $580 at Net-a-Porter: These Marc by Marc Jacobs boots actually have corduroy at their center. Bet you don't own any other corduroy boots, now do you?
6. Kors Michael Kors "Enola" snake-effect leather knee boots, $595 at Net-a-Porter: If you're not into real snakeskin, presenting a pair from Michael Kors that are simply "snake-effect."
7. Gucci Black nappa leather knee-high boots, $1,480 at Profile: We're really into Gucci boots this season—can you tell? Here's another amazing pair, and the only black we've included in this roundup. A conscious decision to break out of our comfort zone.
8. Stuart Weitzman linear suede wedge knee boots, $400 at The Outnet: And these are on sale! get 'em before they're gone!
9. MICHAEL Michael Kors "Hamilton" riding boot, $250 at Neiman Marcus: Nice, easy, casual, relatively-inexpensive, and camel-colored. The perfect fall boot.
10. Maison Martin Margiela knee-high leather boots with cut-out arches, $1,265 at Browns: Let's face it—these are "blush" colored, so they're going to get filthy after two wears (if you're lucky). But if you're in the market for an indoors-only pair of boots, these might be it.
· Here Are 12 Ankle Boots That Will Give You a Little Bit of a Lift [Racked]
· All Buy It Now Posts [Racked]