Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- @sivan_br put together this Black Swan costume, complete with tiara.
- @hzeh818 and her husband both went as old school video games.
- Cemile made her ladybug costume from an American Apparel leotard and pieces of black felt.
- That wasn't the only video game-isnpred costume: @autumnlake1970 created this Kirby costume for her little girl.
- Racked HQ's very own Jackie Goldstein made this Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas costume.
- @laurafo_SD's husband took his homemade Jolly Green Giant costume straight to the source.
- @kimmieanderson didn't just make her own Nicki Minaj costume, she even created DIY cheetah lipstick.
- @jessyisawinner put together this awesome DIY costume, complete with ghoulish makeup.
- @sjdiddles and her husband put together these Gnomeo and Juliet costumes.
- @true-or-folts created this DIYMatt Foley the Motivational Speaker costume while he was living in a van down by the river.
- Samantha A's DIY Hamburglar costume had the added benefit of enabling her to eat cheeseburgers all night.
- @bizette is "The Last Defender of Spatula City." We're not sure what that is, but we love the Lara Croft-esque look.
- This black and white photo helps us appreciate @sweetladylynnie's Patti-Smith-on-the-Horses-cover Halloween costume.
- @birdinthesky7's Native American costume called for plenty of fringe and feathers.
- Pregnant @mandyluvsplants brought a healthy sense of humor to her DIY costume.
- Why go as Han Solo for Halloween, @therjmiller asked himself, when you can go as Han Solo in carbonite?
- For @thetaphillie's very topical Halloween costume, she dressed up as a bag of weed. We sure hope that guy's not really a cop.
- @ktuhrequest's Carmen Miranda costume is a work of art. So we had to give her our Rackedoween DIY Costume Contest prize. Congratulations!
Last week, we announced that we wanted to honor the best DIY costumes out there, but we had no idea just how much our readers would bring their A-games to the competition. Readers submitted photos of themselves dressed as everything from vintage Nintendo games to Patti Smith to a bag of weed, and they were so great that we rounded them all up here in a gallery for your post-Halloween candy-hangovered delight. The winner (you'll meet him or her at the end) wins a prize of goodies from L'Occitane and Absolute Skincare. So if you are that winner, send us a DM on Twitter or email tips AT racked DOT com to collect your prize!