Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
The Telegraph has a profile of L'Wren Scott, and like any profile of the designer it mentions that she is a) extremely tall and b) in a relationship with Mick Jagger. But it also mentions a lot of other things, including how many celebrities (Sarah Jessica Parker, Nicole Kidman, Penelope Cruz, Christina Hendricks) love L'Wren and her clothes. Here are a few of the highlights.
1. About her office: "It's my own version of Narnia."
2. About her fitted-but-not-constricting designs: "We left corsets behind in the dark ages, so why bring them back now?"
3. About her customers: "I've never met a woman who thinks they've got a good enough figure - however perfect they look - which is sad, because no one else can see these perceived flaws; they're entirely internal."
4. About her modeling career: "I didn't particularly like being objectified."
5. Okay, this one isn't from L'Wren herself, but we had to include it because it illustrates how annoying it is that a) no article about L'Wren and her tremendous personal achievements can go without mentioning that her boyfriend is Mick Jagger, and b) how annoying it must be for Jerry Hall to be called for comment about her ex-husband's girlfriend. And here's Jerry's quote: "I think she's better at dealing with him than I am."
· L'Wren Scott [Telegraph]
· Simon Doonan Demonstrates the L'Wren Scott 'Lula' Bag [Racked]