Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Yesterday, the first look at the Hunger Games nail polish collection from China Glaze hit the web. While some of the colors are killer (the red and gold one to match Katniss' fire costume? Yes please), quite a few were lacking (We know Peeta's dad is a baker but that brown color is just awful). There are also quite a few major characters who got left out. Here are a few things that we would like to add to the mix, in case they decide to do new lines for each individual film:
· Buttercup: The best pet in District 12 needs his own nail polish color. And it's orange, just like him.
· In-Effie-able: This pink hue should be the exact color of Effie Trinket's hair.
· President Snow: A cold, chilly white that's as icy as the President's heart.
· Tracker Jacker: A bright yellow color named for the insidious Capitol-created hybrid bees.
· Rue-by: Sweet, tragic Rue lives forever with this brilliant red color.
· Plum Stew: This is the lavender hue of Katniss' favorite lamb stew with plums.
· Glimmer: This greenish-gold polish is sparkly like the District 1 tribute's gorgeous eyes.
· Foxface: A sassy orange shade in honor of the silent heroine of District 5.
And, of course, the set comes with Full-Body Polish, a clear topcoat named after the cosmetic procedure Katniss gets in the Capitol.
· 'Hunger Games' Nail Polish Will Launch in 2012 [Racked]