Great '20s Fashion from Aussie Miniseries 'Underbelly: Razor'
- This is Tilly Devine, a former teen prostitute in London who married an Australian sailor and became the most succesful madam in Sydney.
- This is Kate Leigh. She's a new grandma, a devout Catholic, and makes a fortune from selling alcohol and cocaine at her nightclubs.
- This is Nellie Cameron, "the most notorious prostitute of her generation." Although she's from a good family, she loves sex and getting men to fight over her. Often, her slips and teddies peek out from under long sweaters and coats.
- Tilly is desperate to prove that she has risen above her station in life, which she does by wearing immaculate makeup, a perfect platinum Marcel, and as much jewelry as she can fit on herself at once.
- The oldest of the three main female characters and the only one not involved in the sex trade, Kate sports larger-brimmed hats and clothes in heavier fabrics like wool and brocade. She also keeps her hair long and wears it pinned up or knotted.
- Nellie's various boyfriends keep her in furs, but the cloches, strong lips, and arched brows are all her own.
- Tilly wears really great furs and even better hats.
- When Kate's doing business at one of her clubs, she lets loose with flowy dresses and occasional bare arms. She's never without her crosses, though.
- And because of the whole prostitute thing, Nellie also sports some gorgeous lingerie, often in nude or blush colors that hint at nakedness.
- Did I mention she had great hats? Because yeah. Great hats.
- When she's not working, Nellie occasionally takes a break from the gangster's moll look and wears colorful patterns that hint at her free-spirited side.
- When Tilly visited her family back in England, she sported this more conservative yellow blouse as part of her "I am a rich lady now so suck on that" look.