Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
It's officially that time of year: Office holiday party time, otherwise known as the night you teeter-totter that line of what's okay-for-work behavior and what might be a little questionable tomorrow morning. When it comes to your outfit, perhaps it's best to err on the side of caution with a pretty party dress that's cute enough to take a few shots in, but sleek enough to wear while chit chatting with your boss' boss. Here are four suggestions, which we've paired with accessories you can mix and match.
1. Bright green silk belted tunic dress, $130 at Oasis: Since you might not stop home to change, this simple belted tunic is good for a seamless day-to-night transition.
2. House of Holland cap sleeve dress, $470 at Harrods: You could do basic black, and then, you could do this. A print and a full skirt are two easy ways to stand out in a sea of run-of-the-mill workwear.
3. Elie Saab layered knit sleeveless dress, $1,823 at boutique1.com: Take it up a notch with this body con Elie Saab dress, that's flattering enough to show off your figure, but conservative enough for the HR department.
4. Salvatore Ferragamo cloud suede clutch, $1,265 at My Theresa: Lead the heavy carry-all under your desk, and swap it out for this bright Ferragamo clutch.
5. Rosale shoe, $160 at Steve Madden: Keep the focus on your dress with these leg-lengthening nude pumps.
6. MM6 by Maison Martin Margiela small clutch, $255 at La Garçonne: A clutch this size is perfect for carrying just the essentials, and will give your shoulders a break from that laptop bag you tote around all day.
7. Biba "Flame" sequin mini dress, $355 at House of Fraser: Brighten up the room, literally, with this black mini dress covered in sequins.
8. Ollie & Nic "Anya" small turnlock purse, $71 at House of Fraser: Here's another tiny clutch that will add a pop of color to whatever you choose to wear.
9. Fendi "Superstar" pump, $645 at Barneys: We don't really need to explain why these Fendi pumps are perfect, do we?
10. Dolce Vita "Calla," $220 at Zappos: These tan leather Dolce Vita boots will help keep a fancy dress from looking like you're trying too hard.
11. Christian Louboutin "Metallip" 120 suede and metal pumps, $995 at Net-a-Porter: If all else fails, here's a pair of Christian Louboutins that are just begging to be worn to any and all of your holiday parties—throughout the year.
· All Buy It Now Posts [Racked]