Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Oversized fashionisto Andre Leon Talley—spewer of wisdom, inventor of words, abuser of exclamation points—is far and away our favorite fashion personality to follow on Twitter. His sporadic but passionate tweet bursts not only entertain us and, probably, make us better human beings, but they also give unexpected insight into ALT's world. And what a world it is. We felt 2011 wouldn't be complete without a scientific analysis of the zany fashion master's Twitter timeline, so here it is: @OfficialALT by the numbers, after the jump. And check out our gallery above for the 15 most, well, Andre tweets of the year.
Andre's Twitter themes can be broken down into six basic categories:
•Things he has recently eaten or would like to be currently eating
•Inspirational quotes (his own and others)
•Conversations with Lori Goldstein and Sandra Bernhard
•Retweeted Diane von Furstenberg tweets
•Retweeted Anderson Cooper tweets
•Things that probably made sense in his head but don't so much translate into 140 characters.
A statistical analysis follows:
7. The number of people ALT follows on Twitter.
75,442. The number of people who follow ALT.
2. The number of times ALT yelled at Diane von Furstenberg via tweet.
5. The number of times ALT accidentally tweeted at himself.
16. The number of times ALT called someone honeychile, honey bun, honeyblood, honey, or hun
11. The highest number of exclamation points ALT used in a single tweet.
10. The number of tweets devoted to penguin sweaters.
0. The number of swearwords ALT has used on Twitter. Ever.
Andre, please bring us more in 2012. The Twitterverse isn't the same without you.