Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Hey, guess what? It's Friday! We'll be fashion week-ing it all weekend—and trust us, we've been trying all week to come up with creative ways to avoid wearing heels—but in our perfect-world weekend getaway to the countryside, this is what we'd be wearing instead. TGIF and all that.
1. "Spark" snood, $30 (orig. $85) at All Saints: On sale for more than half off, this All Saints snood is that perfect not-too-charcoal, not-too-heather grey that goes with pretty much everything.
2. White viscose "Granddad" shirt, $72 at Topshop: This season's white shirts veer away from the ultra-tailored and into super-boxy territory. Fine by us! We love this grandpa-type shirt from Topshop.
3. "Fradswell" jacket, $250 at Aubin & Wills: Last season we bought one of Aubin & Wills' lined chunky-knit wool sweater-jackets and, hands down, it was our favorite thing of the entire winter. We're definitely going in for this transitional winter-spring version as well.
4. Leather bracelet, $550 at Hermes: Does it look tough or does it not? Who cares! It's Hermes.
5. Maison Martin Margiela double-belted brushed calf bracelet, $147 at Luisa Via Roma: Our obsession with Margiela accessories and jewelry continues this spring with a totally understated double-wrap leather bracelet.
6. Jeggings, $35 (orig. $39) at American Eagle Outfitters: Stretchy pants that look like jeans in a perfect worn in wash for under-$40? Stockpiling begins now.
7. Color block market tote, $120 at Banana Republic: We've been in a black handbag rut for, oh, 20 years now? Enter grey colorblocking—with either a saffron-yellow or dusty rose—and Banana Republic's spring market tote has us hooked.
8. Rolex stainless steel oyster silver datejust, $2,925 at Melrose Jewelers: The classic Rolex oyster datejust goes with everything—and we always imagined that, if we were in the habit of wearing a watch, we'd wear this one.
9. Alden "Cordovan" brogue boots, $960 at Browns Fashion: Mark our words: polished ankle-high wingtips and brogues are a trend-on-the-horizon. English ones, obv, are the original and best.
· All buy it now posts [Racked]