Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
At the Grammy Awards, stars including Jennifer Lopez and Heidi Klum graced the red carpet in glamorous metallic dresses. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite metallic dresses that are in stores now.
1. “Rare Opulence” metallic ruched dress, $292 at Topshop: This ruffled mini dress with the sweetheart neckline is a flirty option to wear for a night of dancing. Wear it with a pair of opaque black tights and sky-high patent leather black pumps.
2. Asymmetric metallic lace dress, $1,558 at Matthew Williamson: The intricate draping on this asymmetrical shoulder dress is figure-flattering, and the metallic lace over the sheer chiffon gives this dress an edgier texture. This dress would look best with minimal jewelry and nude platform pumps.
3. “Tavi” dress, $205 at All Saints: Embellished with sequins and made of silk, this lightweight sparkly dress is perfect to wear for day with skinny jeans or at night with sheer tights.
4. Pleasure Doing Business metallic sweetheart dress, $330 at Singer22.com: This curve-hugging
dress has been seen on Vanessa Hudgens and Stacy Keibler and is the perfect party dress for a birthday or a girl’s night out.
5. Marchesa knife-pleated metallic dress, $4,840 at net-a-porter.com: Dazzling details on this silk-organza dress like the crystallized beaded bodice, makes this a show-stopping piece for a cocktail party.
6. Metallic leopard sweetheart dress, $23 at Forever 21: Leopard print is an ongoing trend for spring and a strapless metallic dress is the coolest way to wear it at night. Wear this dress with a big chunky belt to accentuate your waist and with a leather jacket to look rock star chic.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]