Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Designers like Gucci and Prada have introduced spring’s latest trend by creating entire outfits by colorblocking solid, bold colors. Racked trendwatcher Donna Kim picks six of her favorite colorful pieces that are in stores now.
1. Silky blazer, $59 at Spiegel: This fitted blazer can pull together a look with its shaped waistline and deep violet shade. Be daring and wear this blazer with other bright pieces for a statement look.
2. Marc by Marc Jacobs “Feather” jersey top, $151 at matchesfashion.com: A flirty tee with cute rosette detailing on the sleeve is the prettiest way to wear a bright colored top. Tuck it under a form-fitting pencil skirt for the office, or with a pair of wide legged light-washed jeans for a more casual look.
3. Rebecca Minkoff “Mac” clutch, $340 at endless.com: Orange is one of spring’s trendiest colors and this snake print leather cross body bag will be a staple in your spring wardrobe with its compact size and gorgeous gold hardware.
4. Jil Sander slim pants, $595 at net-a-porter.com: Hot pink pants are an essential for spring; in fact, the more colorful the pant, the better. Wear these hot pink pants with a sleek black top and colorful accessories.
5. Fendi color block grosgrain sandals, $740 at saksfifthavenue.com: The grosgrain-covered heel and leather lined insole makes these vibrant stylish sandals comfortable to wear all day long. These sandals would look wonderful with a white dress or with other colorful pieces.
6. Yves Saint Laurent cashmere scarf, $636 at matchesfashion.com: A poppy green scarf is the easiest throw
on piece to complete a color blocking outfit.
· All trendwatcher posts [Racked]