Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Looks like the internet is fighting back—in response to Kenneth Cole's Twitter gaffe this morning where he joked around that the pro-democracy protesters in Egypt were being, you know, tear-gassed and shot at because they're excited about his spring merch, someone's set up a Kenneth Cole Parody Twitter where all the tweets mock difficult circumstances worldwide. A sampling:
· One thing the Sudan Liberation Army and the Justice and Equality Movement can agree on? Our hot new looks! #Darfubulous #KennethColeTweets· @kennethcolePR [Twitter]
· Our new looks are dropping faster than the World Trade Center #KennethColeTweets
· "People from New Orleans are flooding into Kenneth Cole stores!" #KennethColeTweets
· People in Moscow are EXPLODING once they hear about our Fall sales #KennethColeTweets
· Want to look Kim Jong ILL? Get a Kenneth Colewardrobe... #KennethColeTweets
· Kenneth Cole jokes around about Egypt's pro-democracy protests [Racked]