Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Everywhere we look these days, tastemakers and fashion industry insiders are talking about Equipment shirts. The now-iconic shirt brand was revived in 2009 by Carine Roitfeld's partner Christian Restoin, and has, ever since, been a favorite of the fashionable set. For spring, lots of labels have taken inspiration from Equipment's louche, soft, two-pocket boyfriend-shirt-ish styling. Here are some of our favorites.
1. Lightweight roll-up shirt, $30 at Old Navy: Available in a variety of colors, this $30 shirt boasts a wallet-friendly price tag that makes us want one in every shade for every day of the week.
2. Tobacco silk military pocket shirt, $90 at Topshop: A rich, gutsy tobacco color gives this otherwise delicate, understated button-up a stylish kick—it reminds us of colors that were fashionable in the 80s, which is in this case, a good thing.
3. Equipment silk blouse, $291 at farfetch.com: The original most-wanted most buzzed-about wardrobe basic from the fall season makes a comeback this season in a variety of soft pastel hues.
4. Silk "Blythe" blouse, $98 at J. Crew: Like buttons on your pockets? This smart version fits the bill.
5. 7 For All Mankind silk military shirt, $135 (orig. $170) at Zappos.com: A soft silk shirt that takes its cues from military uniforms forms the basis of this on-sale (!) blouse.
6. The soft shirt, from $40 at Gap: We're obsessed with the slate grey color of this button-up, but act fast—this shirt's on sale for a mere $30!
7. Club Monaco "Christina" shirt, $129 at Shopbop.com: The soft dusty rose of this Club Monaco top complements so many complexions and instantly adds a grown-up glamour to a day or work look.
8. Equipment signature silk shirt, $188 at Saks Fifth Avenue: The classic Equipment shirt in white is a must-have covet-worthy item for any woman's spring wardrobe.
9. Oversized pocket boyfriend shirt, $45 at ASOS: Boxier and roomier than some of the other, more ladylike, blouses we've picked here, this ASOS button-up features the same trendy pocket details in an easy-to-wear weekend silhouette.
UPDATE: We've been informed that Christian Roitfeld isn't actually reponsible for the brand relaunch. Serge Azria (his best friend) is now the owner/Creative Director.
· All buy it now posts [Racked]