Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
It's Hair Week here at Racked, and today we're highlighting some of our favorite new products.
Here's a new product launch we're beyond obsessed with: check out Carol's Daughter's new Monoi collection—a shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask that have been clinically proven to strengthen, condition, and drastically reduce breakage in hair, all while smelling like a total dream (gardenias, yum).
For anyone who's ever chemically treated—colored, permed, relaxed, anything—their hair, and has seen the resulting damage, the lab findings on Carol's Daughter Monoi products say it all. In trials, participants using the hair mask found the following:
· 85% experienced an improvement in conditioning, detangling, and combing abilityAnd that's only after one use. Carol's Daughter Monoi products are currently available exclusively at Sephora, and will be launching online at CarolsDaughter.com May 1st and in Carol's Daughter stores on May 9th.
· 96% experienced a reduction in hair breakage and shedding during detangling and styling
· 20% experienced an increase in hair strength
· Participants experienced 13.3 times the increase in the life of relaxed hair
· Carol's Daughter Monoi repairing hair mask, $29 at Sephora
· Carol's Daughter Monoi repairing conditioner, $20 at Sephora
· Carol's Daughter Monoi repairing shampoo, $18 at Sephora
· All Hair Week posts [Racked]