Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Last night, many of this year's Time 100—that's Time magazine's anointed 100-most influential people—gathered at Lincoln Center to eat dinner and bask in each other's, um, influential-ness. Sadly, the fashion industry's sole list-making representative, designer Tom Ford, seems to have skipped the festivities (we can't find a photo of him at the event anywhere). But let's take a look at what some of the most influential people in the world wore last night, shall we?
After the jump, we've got photos of some of our personal faves—including Aziz Ansari, Tiger Mom Amy Chua, Gayle King, Newark mayor Cory Booker, omg Rain, and Carmelo Anthony.
And omg what is up with Blake Lively's new ginger 'do?
- Anna Kendrick, Amy Poehler, Aziz Ansari
- Cory Booker and Gayle King
- Sandra Lee
- Joe Klein, Carmelo Anthony
- attends the TIME 100 Gala, TIME'S 100 Most Influential People In The World at Frederick P. Rose Hall, Jazz at Lincoln Center on April 26, 2011 in New York City.
- Rain, Bruno Mars, Philip Lawrence
- Jed Hartman and Vivienne Tam
- Steve Stoute
- Sting, Trudie Styler, TIME Managing Editor Rick Stengel and VP Publisher Kim Kelleher
- Tiger Mom Amy Chua and family
- Jonathan Franzen, Radhika Jones
- Bruno Mars, Philip Lawrence
- Chris Colfer, Joel Stein
- Meghan McCain
- Radhika Jones, Anna Kendrick
- Bruno Mars, Mark Wahlberg, Philip Lawrence, Lyor Cohen
- Blake Lively
- Kerry Wasington, Martha Stewart, Amy Poehler
- Patti Smith
- Lala Vasquez
· The 2011 Time 100 [Time.com]