Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Remember last April when The Outnet had its crazy $1 birthday sale, the prices of bazillions of products were slashed down to $1, the internet broke, and shoppers caught a major case of fashion rage? Well, hang onto your hats, ladies, because The Outnet's birthday sale is baaaaack on April 15th—and this year, in celebration of the company's second birthday, sale items will be priced at $2.
Yup. Like this Proenza Schouler cropped leather jacket, which carries an original price tag of $1,795—two buckaroos!
This is how it's going to work:
This time there are only 2,000 tickets to this extraordinary event and prices have sky-rocketed from $1 to $2—a whopping 100% increase on last year!There will be a grand total of 2,000 tickets given away to this event and about 2,400 items on sale. Like this, above, Valentino asymmetric silk-satin dress—which was $4,990 at full-price. That's a 99.9996% discount! Enter the contest at TheOutnet.com.
Entering is easy! Here’s how:
· Enter the draw for the $2 sale starting from today even if you are already registered at The Outnet. Every day from April 5th – 13th, 200 winners will be drawn at random to win access to the $2 sale on April 15th.
· You only need to enter once and you will be included in every upcoming daily draw.
· All $2 sale ticket winners will be notified by email within 24 hours of each draw and the last winners will be contacted by April 14th.
· Get your friends to enter and you can win a ticket! The 200 top sharers will automatically receive a ticket to the $2 sale. This is one birthday you don’t want to keep under wraps!
· We’re also giving away 20 prizes of $200 store credit! All you need to do is enter the draw for the $2 sale. Winners of $200 store credit will be picked at random.
· Everyone’s a winner! Get free shipping just for entering the draw for the $2 sale.
· The $2 birthday sale [The Outnet]
· The Outnet responds to disgruntled and disappointed shoppers [Racked]