Behind the Scenes at Consumer Reports and ShopSmart: A Tour
- I would like to put my neighbor's over-barky-dog in a soundproof room like this.
- This dummy is used for testing headphones. His ears are detachable. We don't know why it's important for him to be wearing a shirt.
- This machine tests how much wind noise things like microphones and camcorders pick up.
- The TV testing room
- Don't touch it, it's fiberglass
- Underneath the grates, there's more fiberglass insulation
- Connectors in the TV room
- More teevees
- A locker that says "Danger"
- The headphones-testing dummy
- Explaining how things work in an echo-free room
- The floor
- Do not step in yellow area
- Speaker testing in the soundproofed, echo-proof room
- This room cost about $2.5 million to build
- This room is totally sound-proof and echo-proof
- Do not store combustibles above this line in the teevee testing room