Behind the Scenes at Consumer Reports and ShopSmart: A Tour
- Torturing a sneaker in the name of science
- A machine that simulates a baby jumping up and down on a bed.
- When they tested this infomercial doo-dad, it didn't do anything for the abs, but did do something to the obliques.
- Stroller graveyard
- A machine that tests variations in elliptical machines' resistance.
- This is the only infomercial machine they've tested recently that works -- "but it's hard." Well, there you go.
- Look at how the foot and the ankle of the simulated man bends as the elliptical trainer moves.
- This is a simulation of an average American male. He is on an elliptical machine.
- Then they tested Skechers Shape-Ups
- Skechers Shape-Ups Testing Thingie
- A room full of ellipticals!
- They also test infomercial exercise equipment
- Consumer Reports has impacted the market in that now, no more drop-side cribs are sold in the USA.
- It's called the textile lab but it's filled with baby things and exercise equipment