Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- LONDON, ENGLAND - APRIL 29: (L-R) Princess Eugenie of York, Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, Princess Beatrice of York and Prince Andrew, Duke of York following the marriage of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge at Westmi
- WINDSOR, ENGLAND - APRIL 24: Princess Beatrice arrives to attend the Easter Matins at St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle on April 24, 2011 in Windsor, England. The annual service attended by the Queen and members of the Royal Family is one of the last
- SANDRINGHAM, UNITED KINGDOM - DECEMBER 25: Princess Beatrice smiles after attending the Christmas Day Church Service at St Mary's Church on December 25, 2010 in Sandringham, England. The Queen's Christmas Day Speech to the Commonwealth from the Chapel Ro
- LONDON - JUNE 12: Princess Beatrice (right) and Princess Eugenie ride a carriage down the Mall during Trooping The Colour on June 12, 2010 in London, England. Trooping The Colour is the Queen's annual birthday parade and dates back to the time of Charles
- At Ascot Racecourse on June 18, 2009 in Ascot, England.
- At Ascot Racecourse on June 16, 2009 in Ascot, England.
- KING'S LYNN, UNITED KINGDOM - DECEMBER 25: Princess Beatrice (L) and Queen Elizabeth II attend the Christmas Day church service at St Mary's Church on December 25, 2008 in Sandringham, England.
- ASCOT, UNITED KINGDOM - JUNE 19: HRH Princess Eugenie, Princess Beatrice and Autumn Philips share a joke in the parade ring during Ladies Day at Royal Ascot on June 19, 2008 in Ascot, England.
- ASCOT, UNITED KINGDOM - JUNE 19: The Princess Royal and Princess Beatrice (R) arrive in The Royal Procession at Ascot Racecourse on June 19, 2008, in Ascot, England. Today was the third day of The Royal Meeting which is one of the social and racing highl
- ASCOT, UNITED KINGDOM - JUNE 17: HRH Princess Beatrice arrives in the parade ring for the first day of Royal Ascot on June 17, 2008 in Ascot, London.
- LONDON - SEPTEMBER 18: Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York, and Princess Beatrice leave the Isabella Blow Tribute at Guards Chapel on September 18, 2007 in London, England. The magazine editor and international style icon died at the age of 48 in May.
- LONDON - JUNE 16: Prince Andrew sits next to Princess Beatrice during the Trooping the Colour ceremony on June 16, 2007 in London. Each year the official birthday of Queen Elizabeth II is commemorated with a military parade and march-past of fully traine
Looks like the fashion blogosphere is still reeling from the Royal Wedding. To that end, we'd just like to chime in and say that Princess Beatrice—daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York and former Weight Watchers spokesperson—is pretty much our hero for wearing that totally over-the-top crazy curlicue hat to the ceremony at Westminster Abbey. We love that the fifth person in line to the throne makes kind of out-there fashion accessory choices. Check out a selection of Beatrice's headgear from events past in the gallery, above.
PS We've also never seen anyone wear a hat smack dab vertical on their forehead like Victoria Beckham did at the wedding—but looks like Beatrice did the same in the photo with her mom (see gallery).
· All Royal Wedding coverage [Racked]