Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
We've just received our "invite" to buy $100 to $350 tickets to New Jersey Fashion Week, which takes place October 9th and 10th. What do you get for shelling out $350 for a front-row ticket? "Two days of fashion shows from global designers" at the "Glamourous [sic] W Hotel in Hoboken, New Jersey," says the invite. No mention of who these global designers are yet, though.
Also included in the ticket price:
· Complimentary cocktails, vitaminwater zero and tasty hordorvous [sic] and desserts.What do you think? Is this a good deal? Does every city/state in America have its own fashion week now? Does the state of New Jersey have any say in how it's officially being represented in the fashion industry? Would you pay $350 to go to New Jersey Fashion Week?
· Mingle with Celebrities, designers, models and VIPs attendees at this global event from the Garden State!
· Fab samples from top beauty brands and sponsors.
· Dress fashionable, chic for photographers and media spotlight photos!
· A chance to win a fab goodie bags and a chance to walk on the runway!
· New Jersey Fashion Week [Eventbrite]