Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Dream Ice Cream Machine ($1,200) Sur la Table
- Capress Impressa Z7 Machine ($2,999),
- Cheval d'Orient Soup Tureen ($4,875), Hermès
- Palm Tree Candlestick ($7,550) Tiffany's
- Sky Bar Wine Dispenser ($1,000),
- Cigars Box ($1,100), Christofle
- L'Objet Pinecone Shaker Set ($425),
- ohn-Richard Collection "Palamedes" Mirror ($2,675.00),
- Unfocused Zenith 24-Light Chandelier ($60,000), Baccarat
- Cocktail Shakers ($2,700) Tiffany's
- Bleu Nature Nilleq Stools ($5,998), Barneys
This week, we gave to you 12 appliances to put on your wedding registry that erred on the side of caution. But then we got to thinking (and maybe this was after reading what Kim Kardashian put on her ridiculous wedding registry), why not also salivate over some insanely over-the-top registry items? Like chandeliers, or dog paperweights carved out of amber. Have a look at our favorites after the jump.
1. Mini Dandy Amber Yorkshire Terrier ($690), Gearys. Somehow, this paper weight didn't make it onto Kim Kardashian's Gearys registry, and neither did the Cocker Spaniel version. Obviously, we'd put it on ours.
2. Dream Ice Cream Machine ($1,200) Sur la Table. Okay, we made fun of this earlier, but we want it. And someday, we want a rich friend to buy it for us.
3. Capress Impressa Z7 Machine ($2,999), Neiman Marcus. Why is this coffee maker a dollar short of three grand, you ask? The description reads: "If you love coffee, you'll adore this luxurious coffeemaker," but what we think they meant was, "if you're bat shit crazy about coffee, you'll pressure someone to buy it for you."
4. Cheval d'Orient Soup Tureen ($4,875), Hermès. Nothing says "I'm regal" like a soup tureen from Hermès with horses on it. But when you're that filthy rich, why bother eating something so Great Depression-like as soup?
5. Palm Tree Candlestick ($7,550) Tiffany's. Now all we have to figure out is what kind of candle to put inside a candlestick holder that costs as much as a used car.
6. Sky Bar Wine Dispenser ($1,000), Saks Fifth Avenue. This wine dispenser chills, pours, and preserves, and has nine preset temperatures. Try to imagine how fancy you'd feel owning this. Just try.
7. Cigars Box ($1,100), Christofle. For over a thousand bucks, does this black lacquer and mirror-polished silver cigar box also smoke the damn thing for you?
8. L'Objet Pinecone Shaker Set ($425), Saks Fifth Avenue. $425 is somewhat modest for gold-plated, Swarovski Crystallized pinecone shakers, and after all, you do get two of them.
9. John-Richard Collection "Palamedes" Mirror ($2,675), Neiman Marcus. This might not be the easiest mirror to check yourself out in, but that's why you can register for more practical, oval shaped ones like this one for $1,495, too.
10. Unfocused Zenith 24-Light Chandelier ($60,000), Baccarat. If you registered for this chandelier today, it would ship by September 8. The reason: It's handcrafted by very expensive hands in France.
11. Cocktail Shakers ($2,700) Tiffany's. This cocktail shaker is crafted out of sterling silver and costs almost $3,000, so don't shake too vigorously.
12. Bleu Nature Nilleq Stools ($5,998), Barneys. For the price, sitting on this handmade acrylic stool with floating driftwood inside is about as far as you can get from roughing it in the woods.
· Things We Love: 12 Appliances to Put on Your Wedding Registry [Racked]
· All Weddings Week Coverage [Racked]