Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Moda menswear boutique in the Shadyside neighborhood of Pittsburgh
- 1st floor - main collections
- 2nd floor - directional collections
- 3rd floor - denim collections
- Denim on the 3rd floor: J Brand, A.P.C., Big Star, Diesel, AG, Joe's, Nudie, etc.
- Stone Island
- Paul Smith cuff links
- Robert Geller
- Yigal Azrouel on the 2nd floor
- Yigal AzrouÃ«l
- Atmosphere of the directional collections on the 2nd floor
- Visual displays
- The spade was formerly an art gallery.
- MG Black Label
- A.P.C. denim
- Paul Smith and Rag & Bone jeans
- Exterior of the 3-story boutique
Yesterday we were strolling along Walnut Street in the Shadyside neighborhood of Pittsburgh and stumbled upon Michael Barone's menswear shop Moda Pittsburgh. The three-story boutique, previously an art gallery before Barone moved in, is chock-full of sharp threads from labels such as Gant by Michael Bastian, Nice Collective, Z Zegna, C.P. Company, Lanvin, and Acne.
Moda has been providing residents of Steel City with a well-edited selection of menswear for 22 years. The store used to occupy just the second and third floors of 5401 Walnut Street, but the first floor became available not too long ago and Barone took the opportunity to expand his offerings.
The third floor is their jean shop with J Brand, AG, Rag & Bone, MG Black Label, A.P.C., and a full Diesel denim bar. One level down on the second floor are their more direction collections with designers such as Robert Geller and Yigal Azrouël. The ground level houses all of their main collections. There you'll find Spurr by Simon Spurr, Bespoken, Stone Island, Billy Reid, Woolrich, Theory, Diesel Black Gold, and Paul Smith.
And if you're in the neighborhood between July 27-31, Moda will be participating in the annual Shadyside Sidewalk Sale. Lanvin at deep discounts? Yes, please!
· Moda Pittsburgh [Official Site]