Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
The fall 2011 season for men features iconic heritage reference pieces clashed with innovative minimalist design. Racked writer David Chen picks eighteen of his favorite pieces that are in stores now.
1. Henrik Vibskov "Seat" computer bag, $154 at Henrik Vibskov Boutique: The black canvas embellished with red and cream beading makes this the perfect laptop case for the male fashionista.
2. Moscot "Miltzen Tortoise" sunglasses, $291 at Tres Bien Shop: These tortoiseshell sunglasses inspired by Andy Warhol and John Lennon revamp the standard 1930s look.
3. Henrik Vibskov "Per V" jacket, $292 at Henrik Vibskov Boutique: Update your fall look with a double-button fastening cotton jacket.
4. Band of Outsiders semi-brogue oxford shoe, $753 at Oki-Ni: Taking inspiration from the new wave of North American heritage brands, Band of Outsiders recreates the classic oxford brogue with a rich tan leather and cream colored laces.
5. Cor Sine Labe Doli "Primo" ceramic bow tie, $175 at Opening Ceremony: Planning to get dressy? Cor Sine Labe Doli takes the bow tie trend to another level with a ceramic version.
6. Maison Martin Margiela 8 "Wrong Size" sunglasses, $525.83 at Por Vocacao: In a collaboration with renowned English eyewear company Cutler & Gross, the Margiela design team creates another unique piece that incorporates irregular glasses in a classic aviator frame.
7. Patrik Ervell travel pack, $460 at Patrik Ervell Online Shop: A Minimalist and incredibly sturdy rucksack made with waxed cotton canvas and hand-braided horse hair straps.
8. Our Legacy "Black Cash" dinner coat, $540 at Tres Bien Shop: This classic black cashmere and wool-blend long coat is a must-have for fall.
9. Patrik Ervell "Mid-Century" shirt, $225 at Patrik Ervell Online Shop: A short-sleeve shirt with a wide rectangular body professionally splashed-dyed to an irregular print that's unique to each garment.
10. Mackintosh of Scotland "Dunoon" raincoat, $889 at Tres Bien Shop: Mackintosh of Scotland is a classic heritage brand based in the U.K. An updated version of the famous Duncan coat, the Dunoon raincoat here in royal red is a slimmed-down version of the Duncan with a shorter length and a corduroy collar.
11. Corter "Brewster" tether, $30 at Corter Leather: The Brewster tether is a multifunctional lanyard handmade with genuine leather in New England, that can be transformed from a key chain to a simple piece of wrist jewelry.
12. Play Button xx button, $25, at Opening Ceremonyr: Hidden in a simple pin, the play button is a USB battery-powered pin containing the debut album of hit English band the xx.
13. Acne slip-print loafers, $583, at Oki-Ni: Detailed with red and green colored zig-zags, these comfy loafers by Acne with 100% leather soles are made in Italy.
14. Jil Sander wool document holder, $292 at Oki-Ni: Seen in the fall/winter 2011 Jil Sander runway show, this virgin wool document holder is large enough to fit an iPad and features a silver zip with black leather piping.
15. Maison Martin Margiela phone case, $406 292 at Por Vocacao: While the price is a little steep, the Margiela 11 phone case is a fan's collectors piece, featuring a two-part leather case with a grey shearling interior.
16. Deer Dana Terry Richardson T-shirt, $60 at Deer Dana: After making a big splash in the fashion world with her Grace Coddington tee, Deer Dana creates a whimsical T-shirt again with a hand-drawing of photographer Terry Richardson.
17. Peter Jensen crinkled leather belt, $73 at Henrik Vibskov Boutique: The crinkled leather belt here made by Danish menswear designer Peter Jensen is the perfect belt for simple fall trousers and khakis.
18. Frost River vintage pack, $150 at Frost River: While many heritage pieces are having a moment, this vintage pack with a self-adjusting yoke and leather straps is the perfect addition to a rustic look.
· All trendsetter posts [Racked]