Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Time for another installment of Racked National's travel feature, Summer Fridays, where we show you snapshots from the fabulous adventures of fabulous people in the fashion industry. So come with us, take a little breather on this Friday, and let us whisk you away to a faraway (and sometimes near) locale.
- The Callanish Standing Stones, built around 2,900 BC. Jennings is on the far right.
- A rainbow appeared over the loch outside a cashmere mill we visited.
- Visiting the Kelvingrove Art Museum in Glasgow.
- Hanging from the ceiling of the Kelvingrove Art Museum.
- One night at Stobo Castle & Spa. Unfortunately we didnâ€™t get to the spa part.
- My favorite hotel in Scotland, the Prestonfield House.
- Greeted by lads in black kilts at Prestonfield House.
- Prestonfield House, our hotel in Edinburgh.
Leaving the Prestonfield Manor in Edinburgh to catch
a plane to the Isle of Lewis to visit weavers
and mills, I was greeted by a very proud
- Hand carvings on a work bench inside a weaverâ€™s shed at Harris Tweed.
- Edinburgh at sunset.
- Grabbing a ginger beer at a Sloans, a historic pub in Glasgow.
This week's Summer Fridays postcard is from Eric Jennings. Jennings is the VP and Men's Fashion Director at Saks Fifth Avenue. In late May he went to Scotland with Saks' buying team. As you can tell, it was still quite cold then. Click through our photo gallery of his adventures in Scotland and under each shot Jennings gives some commentary on his trip.
Eric Jennings: On the way to visit the Harris Tweed mills, we stopped by the Callanish Standing Stones, built around 2,900 BC. Icy winds almost blew us over. We came to understand the Scottish expression: “four seasons in a day.”
· Saks Fifth Avenue [Official Site]
· All Summer Fridays posts [Racked]