Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Kim Kardashian's been no stranger to the limelight, meaning all of her fashion choices have been chronicled on the Internet for several years now. Whether that's a good or a bad thing is debatable, but that's besides the point. In celebration of her big day to hunky and very tall Nets player Kris Humphries, here's a look at 12 of Kim's looks throughout the years, beginning with some questionable outfits in 2006, a questionable outfit in 2011 (above right, which we actually liked), and everything in-between.
Promoting "Rich Prosecco" with Paris Hilton at Oktoberfest, Germany
1. Hofbrauhaus "Maid," September 2006: Let's start with this one, shall we? Here's Kim and then-pal Paris Hilton (are they still friends? We don't know.) promoting Prosecco at Oktoberfest, which doesn't really make much sense, but then again, neither will a few other things on this list.
At Genetic Denim's one-year anniversary at AREA Nightclub and the launch Sorum-Noce Couture Clothing, Los Angeles
2. Mall Chic, October and November 2006: When looking like you were perpetually on your way to go shop at Bloomingdales was a thing, Kim totally rocked the mall look. This is achieved by wearing denim jeans tucked into knee-high boots, and matching your bag to your shoes to your giant waist belt—or silky shirt.
In her sex tape with Ray J
3. Au Naturel, February 2007: We'll let this speak for itself.
At the Badgley Mischka swimwear fashion show and at the Ashley Paige swimwear fashion show, Miami
4. Butt-Hugging Hervés, July 2007: This certainly wasn't the first time Kim slithered into an Hervé, and it definitely wasn't the last. But since she wore them within two days of each other at Miami Swim Week in 2007, could this be the moment that she realized, Girl, I think my butt's gettin' big?
On the runway at the 2B Free Spring fashion show, Hollywood
5. Omg, Sweatsuits, October 2007: This was a thing. You've blocked it from your memory, but it existed. And here she is, struttin' in one of them down the catwalk of the 2B Free Spring 2008 fashion show.
Backstage at the Y-3 Autumn/Winter 2009 fashion show, New York
6. Blazers, February 2009: Nowadays, Kim loves a good old fashioned blazer with tight pants and a tee underneath, and you know what? She found the formula, because it always looks good. The shoulders here are a lot, but the idea was there.
At the Three-O Vodka Bubble launch at Greenhouse and at the Tracy Reese Spring 2010 fashion show, New York
7. Animal Prints, September 2009: Never a stranger to animal prints, here's two over-the-top favorites from 2009. Looks like she took a page out of this book at this week's launch of the Kardashian Kollection for Sears.
At the 2009 Teen Choice Awards, Universal City, California, and at the 61st Emmy Awards, Los Angeles, California
8. Looking like Jennifer Lopez, August and September 2009: On both of these occasions, Kim really looked like Jennifer Lopez, no?
At the E! 20th anniversary party, Hollywood, California
9. Embellished Dresses and the Tightest Ponytail Ever, May 2010: A ponytail will never tone down a dress like this, which may or may not have been her strategy. Probably not.
On vacation in Capri, Italy
10. Rompers, September 2010: We've seen her do more flattering rompers that look less like pajamas, but vacation is always a good time to try out a new trend in case it's not the best. Unless your Kim Kardashian, and your vacation photo ends up on page 24 of your 78 Getty Images.
At her fragrance launch at Debenhams, London, England
11. Belly Shirts, Intense Colorblocking, June 2011: Did we say evolution? Kidding! We actually liked this one, even though the general Internet consensus was not so much.
Her Madame Tussauds wax figure
12. WEDDING DRESS!, August 2011: Here's a very creepy wax version of what Kim might look like on her wedding. It's wax, so take it with a grain of salt.
· All Kardashian coverage [Racked]