Condé Nast's Susan Portnoy Goes to Turkey & Tanzania
- Thatâ€™s me, obsessed with a herd of female elephants and their young, slowly making their way to a swamp in the distance. My guide Chilli Meela took this picture as I snapped away.
- If you are going on safari be sure to stay at camps with watering holes. If you do, you may see 30 male elephants hanging out too. At the time of this photo, the males were a bit riled up as a female did her best to maneuver her yearling to the water. The
- I had a wonderful morning with the Hadzabe bushman who still click as part of their vocabulary. These tweens were shy at first but once I showed them their images on my camera we quickly became best friends. Cost of admission? One goat.
- I spent nearly 3 hours watching a herd of wildebeest and zebra frolic, fight and drink from a watering hole in the middle of some pretty dry terrain. All of a sudden I heard the pounding of a stampeding heard, and as the dust began to fill the air I insti
- I was in South Africa 10 years ago but I never saw a Leopard. On the last leg of my trip I was blessed with multiple sightings and one particularly curious cat that walked up to the jeep, looked me over, got bored and then sauntered away. This beauty I fo
- A tender moment between mother and sonâ€¦.On my last day, only a few hundred yards from the airstrip that would welcome my plane back to Arusha, my driver and I came upon this beautiful lioness and her 3 cubs near the side of the road. Theyâ€™d just feast