Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Most likely, Nicki Minaj won't fall into obscurity anytime soon, but remember the days when she was everywhere? Friday's appearance on Good Morning America—with its accompanying wardrobe malfunction—rekindled our love for Minaj and her beyond-crazy outfits that often highlight her, er, assets. So lest you forget what it looks like, here's a rundown of the ten most ridiculous costumes that Nicki Minaj's butt has ever worn. They're in no particular order, because judging what someone's rear-end looks like in spandex is a pretty subjective matter.
1. Dress Where the Back of It Looks Like a Subway Grate: At first, the cut outs on the back of Minaj's dress for the 2011 Billboard awards reminded us of the plastic rings that attach cans of soda together. Either way, the effect—along with the day glo—makes her butt look ginormous.
2. A Military Jumpsuit That's Attached to a Fanny Pack, "Massive Attack" video:
Technically, her butt isn't even wearing this outfit. Most likely, it's only wearing (what we're presuming is) a thong on the back end of that hot pink leotard. But just as well.
3. Vertical Striped Shiny Pink Spandex:
Even vertical stripes can't tone down this derriere. Cinching her waist with a corset probably has something to do with that, though.
4. Black and White Glow-in-the-Dark Dress, "Super Bass" video:
Horizontal stripes on your butt is a bold move to begin with, but making them glow in the dark is the equivalent of sticking a neon arrow sign on there.
5. Suit That Has a Sheer Sequined Bodysuit in the Back:
The most ridiculous part of this costume isn't just that it's a complete suit in the front and isn't one in the back, but that somebody probably had to hand-apply those sequins while the costume was on her in order to get all the right spots.
6. Waterproof Animal-Print Catsuit, "Super Bass" video:
To be fair, anything would look pretty insane on a motorcycle ice sculpture.
7. Leopard-Print Bodysuit With Alien-Tentacle Bustles:
A pretty tame bodysuit for Minaj, in brown and black neutrals and a semi-subtle animal print. But what makes this one special is whatever she's got engulfing her hips.
8. Butt Umbrella:
Let's face it—if it's raining outside, that thing's gonna get soaked.
9. Latex Spacesuit, "Check It Out" video:
She wore a similar space costume when she performed with will.i.am awhile back at the MTV awards, but if we can't find any pictures of her butt in it, it's like it never happened.
10. Neon Zebra (what else) Bodysuit:
They seem to never get old, these bodysuits, which is probably because they come in an array of colors! Here, a rainbow zebra print, paired off with even sillier pink boots.
· Nicki Minaj upstages herself: Tight raps and a wardrobe malfunction [LA Times]
· My Pink Friday [Nicki Minaj Official Site]