Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
For months now, we've been waiting with bated breath for the launch of the Kardashian Kollection at Sears—partly out of genuine curiosity but mostly because it's like watching a car crash played out in slow motion.
- Tuxedo-inspired mixed fabric dress, $69.30 (orig. $99)
- Jersey wrap-top jumpsuit, $69.30 (orig. $99)
- Striped one-shoulder knit dress, $69.30 (orig. $99)
- Metallic corset-print tee, $29.40 (orig. $42)
- Printed bustier with lace detail, $26.99 (orig. $39)
- Floral mesh corset, $37.99 (orig. $55)
- From left: metal safety pin clutch, $64.99 (orig. $94); Marble faceted acrylic and rhinestone ring, $14.99 (orig. $22)
- From left: "Seattle" boot in black, $55.99 (orig. $79.99); Marble faceted acrylic and rhinestone ring, $14.99 (orig. $22)
- From left: 30" chain necklace with hexagon stone pendant, $15.99 (orig. $24); Animal print chain shoulder bag, $57.99 (orig. $84)
- From left, "Washington, DC" shoe in black, $41.99 (orig. $59.99); Hexagon ring, $13.99 (orig. $20)
- From left: Buckle shoulder tee with roll-up cap sleeves in black, $29.40 (orig. $42); Printed brief with lace detail, $16.99 (orig. $25)
- From left: Metal cuff with hexagon stone design, $15.99 (orig. $24); Sequin "Waterfall" stretch jacket, $69.30 (orig. $99)
- From left: Animal print chain shoulder bag, $57.99 (orig. $84); "Los Angeles" black pump, $41.99 (orig. $59.99)
- "Miami" leopard-print mesh shoe, $41.99 (orig. $59.99)
- From left: floral mesh brief, $16.99 (orig. $25); buckle shoulder tee with roll-up cap sleeves, $29.40 (orig. $42)
Today, the big-box department store known—and in spite of a multi-million dollar "Come see the softer side of Sears" campaign in the 90s—for its kitchen and garden appliances launched the Kardashian Kollection pre-sale. Yes, folks, for a limited time only, through August 10th, you can snag your very own jersey leopard-print jumpsuit ($69 down from $99) and Kardashian panties ($17 down from $25) at a steep 30% discount.
Never mind the fact that the pieces are already discounted before ever hitting selling floors—what we're wondering about are these prices, overall. Would you ever pay $25 full price for a pair of synthetic Kardashian-branded panties from Sears? Would you even pay $17, the discounted price? Check out the full pre-sale collection above, complete with prices, and let us know what you think in the comments. We can't wait to hear your feedback.
· Kardashian Kollection 72-hour presale [Sears]
· Kardashians arrive at Sears HQ ahead of clothing collaboration launch [Racked]