Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Last night, Los Angeles played host the 63rd Annual Emmy Awards and that means that primetime-TV players flocked to the awards sporting their Sunday best. As per usual the red carpet hosted lots of hits and misses throughout the evening. While these award shows salute excellence in national programing, we salute 12 looks that actually worked after the jump.
- Christina Hendricks in Johanna Johnson Couture
- Evan Rachel Wood in Elie Saab Fall 2011
- Kate Winslet in Elie Saab Resort
- Gwyneth Paltrow in Emilio Pucci
- Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang
- Nina Doprev in Donna Karan Resort
- Claire Danes in Oscar de la Renta
- Amy Poehler in Peter Som
- Emily Blunt in Elie Saab Couture
- Rashida Jones in Alberta Ferreti
- Julia Stiles in Georges Hobeika Couture
- Anna Faris in Reem Acra
The popular color palette of choice for the Emmys seemed to be a variety of reds and blues with the hot designer for the evening being Elie Saab who was worn by fan and fashion police favorites Kate Winslet, Emily Blunt, and Evan Rachel Wood. Christina Hendricks showed off her famous rack in a stunning Johanna Johnson gown and showed off her husband (commonly referred to as the "King of Nerds" by celebrity blogs) on the red carpet. Keep on living the dream, Geoffrey.
Amy Poehler, nominee for Outstanding Leading Actress in a Comedy and non-stop comedian rushed the stage with fellow nominees in what many considered to be the highlight of the night. We consider the sequin-covered Peter Som dress she sported to be the highlight of her red carpet looks by far.—Payton Wang
· Primetime Emmy Awards [Official Site]