Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Last night, Episode 2 of Bravo's "It's a Brad, Brad World" premiered—and we watched as Brad Goreski traveled to New York for the Met Ball, for meetings galore, and for a bit of a family reunion. The episode centered around Brad fretting over the need for more work, and a series of make-or-break meetings with Gilt, InStyle, and Details. The takeaway: Stop worrying, it's in the bag. Duh—you're on TV: no one's saying no to you.
Anyway, the meeting with Gilt—essentially a commercial for Gilt's fabulous brands at shockingly low prices—involved his styling a sale for the site which, totally coincidentally, is taking place right now. Next, at InStyle, Brad scored a monthly page for his musings and likes. Finally, a Details meeting—which in real time seemed to not go so well—ended up with his being asked to style a spread on pops of color for September. In the meantime: Girls night, assistant trial-and-error, his mom and sister visit New York, and Gary pops back up—direct from a mini-break in London.
On final bit worth noting: In third grade Brad dressed like Madonna for Halloween.
10. '70s New York fantasy: "In my Halston dress and my little disco titties ?"
9. Get into it: "POC!" Short for Pops of Color.
8. Brad gets together with his "lady crew." "When I'm with them I feel as if I also have a vagina."
7. "I looked super cute but cute does not pay the bills!" That said, "What people basically want is to wear things that'll get them laid."
6. On wearing color: "Not everybody wants to look like a box of crayons!"
5. "It's the simple things in life—except getting people ready for the Met Ball isn't simple ..."
4. Diva moment? "Now I want to be the point person for absolutely nothing! For not one thing!
3. Continued: "And bring me a coffee and a protein shake—because I'm also sick of going to those places!"
2. There are several reasons people hire Brad. "Such as: I'm fun to be around! I wear cute outfits to fittings!"
1. "This is like a styling marathon!"
Crying moments: 1