Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Details magazine, that is! Last night's episode of It's a Brad, Brad World centered on a whirlwind trip to New York to style that Pop of Color shoot for Details. Despite lots of dramatic music, shots of less than satisfied magazine staffers, a very nervous Brad, plus a very uncooperative red coat—the shoot was a success; and the door at Details is always open.
In other news: Brad pulled dresses for Shay Mitchell (who is someone who is supposed to be famous for something); Team Brad began settling into the posh new office; Gary and Brad began planning their anniversary party; and Brad's dad canceled a visit to Los Angeles before getting injured in some sort of tree accident (it's Canada).
Oh, and the couple hosted a small dinner party—except they didn't buy the groceries or cook. Highlight: A shot of someone else making a marinara in their Hollywood Hills kitchen over a gigantic Miu Miu shopping bag and shoe box on the kitchen counter near the stove.
Another highlight and Cute Look Alert: Brad layering a jean jacket under a varsity jacket.
10. "My styling brain is like scrambled eggs right now."
9. "I'm super into lace right now—aren't you?"
8. On Lindsay decorating the new office: "Did I walk into my grandmother's cottage?" Lindsay: Stick to decorating people.
7. On crying in the new office: "I didn't think I'd cry before I pooped in this new place."
6. On the possibility of failing at styling menswear: "Brad can only dress himself—isn't that weird?"
5. Pay Brad a compliment? Get a "ten cent raise."
4. Gary and Brad planning this anniversary party is just pure comedy. Brad wants to serve cupcakes and ice cream sandwiches and chocolate chip cookies. Gary wants to serve French fries and lentil soup. Brad: "Lentil soup is, like, so not fun at a party." If someone serves lentil soup, "I would lose it."
3. Also: "Can we have a cake tasting? Just because?"
2. "My dressing may be outlandish ?"
1. "The point of this shoot is to, like, show people how to incorporate color—without ? Without looking like me, basically ?"
Crying moments: 2.5