Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Supra Skytop $95
- Adidas Boston Celtics Larry Bird Soul Swingman Jersey $89.99
- Warby Parker Sloan $95
- New Era 59Fifty Cap NY Knicks $38.70
- ASOS DENY Wedge High Top Sneakers With S
- Adidas Originals Miami Heat Springfield Applique Crew $49.99
- Nike Sportswear High-top Sneaker $88
- Junkfood Los Angeles Lakers Heathered Womens T-Shirt $25.99
- Adidas by Stella McCartney Studio Short Sleeve Hoodie $120
No doubt athletic-wear is experiencing an uptick in popular premium these days (see Spring 2013 shows from MM6, Victoria Beckham, DKNY, Emerson, etc. etc. etc.), but we're extra excited about all those jerseys, trucker hats, and (most importantly) high tops thanks to NBA's opening night yesterday.
In the gallery above you'll find glasses like those the NBA style connoisseur himself Russell Westbrook wears (lenses optional) and men's jerseys (so they fall well with lots of space for doing whatever basketball players do). Pair those with a bomber jacket of the letterman persuasion, a flat-rimmed hat, and some badass shoes and you're good to go! If you like the look but don't know if you have gonads to rock it, hop over the jump for a lesson in swagger, courtesy of some WNBA ladies.