Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
In spite of the 2012 Olympic ceremonial costumes, Britain will forever be the country of cool when it comes to style, which is why the British Fashion Awards are like a cheat sheet for awesome. Stella McCartney, who made up for the above mentioned Star Trek-meets-Robin Hood mistake with athletic-chic British uniforms, was the night's big winner, taking home both Designer of the Year Award and Brand of the Year.
Alexa Chung charmed with her third win for British Style Award, and also, here's a new category proposal: Silliest British Face, which would obviously go to our favorite weirdo Cara Delevingne. Instead she just took home the top model award. Whelp, maybe next year. See all the winners after the jump.
- Model: Cara Delevingne
- British Style Award: Alexa Chung
- Designer of the Year and Designer Brand: Stella McCartney
- Emerging Talent Award, Menswear: Jonathan Saunders; Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator: Louise Wilson
- Red Carpet Award: Roksanda Ilincic
- Menswear Designer: Kim Jones of Louis Vuitton
- Emerging Talent Award, Accessories: Sophie Hulme
- Susie Bick; Accessory Designer: Nicholas Kirkwood
- New Establishment: Erdem Moralioglu; Samantha Cameron
- Outstanding Achievement in Fashion: Manolo Blahnik
- Special Recognition: Harold Tillman CBE; Princess Beatrice
Click through the gallery for the winners!
· Today, In Everything Olympics: Stella McCartney's Uniforms, Emporio Armani's Ad Campaign [Racked]
· What Does an Aspiring Angel Wear on Her Way to NYC for Her Victoria's Secret Debut?