Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Kristen McMenamy's nude-colored Chanel Haute Couture dress by Karl Lagerfeld is nothing compared to Philip Treacy's halo headpiece made of flesh-toned feathers for the bride and those headdresses for bridesmaids Saffron Aldridge and Naomi Campbell.
- Aw shoot that's cute: John F. Kennedy, Jr. smooches Carolyn Bessette Kennedy hand while she wears a silk crepe gown by Narciso Rodriguez.
- How much tulle does it take to make Coco Rocha's bottom half huge? A whole big bunch. Zac Posen is all over it..
- Mick Jagger and Bianca Pérez-Mora Macias wed. She wore a white wedding suit and hat designed by Yves Saint Laurent. It was the '70s.
- Oldschool: Charlotte Babcock Brown married Charles Coudert Nast, son of Condé Nast, in 1928, wearing Jeanne Lanvin
- Plum Sykes' Alexander McQueen train is bigger than your Alexander McQueen train. She married Toby Rowland in 2005.
- Grace Kelly wore MGM costume designer Helen Rose to marry Prince Rainier III of Monaco in 1956.
- Iman and David Bowie. She's in a gown designed by Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel Haute Couture. He's the most conservative thing he's ever worn.
Vogue's newest publishing venture, Vogue Weddings: Brides, Dresses, Designers, is undeniably "a thing of beauty," but it's hard to attribute the feat to just one aspect of the book. Rather, the combination of to-die-for designs on the world's most gorgeous women in pictures taken by Vogue's powerhouse of skilled photographers since the mag's first issue creates picture after picture of awe-inspiring images. It's a complete history of wedding perfection. Scope a preview in the gallery above and find out how to be one of five Pinners to win the book here.
· A Thing of Beauty: An Inside Look at Vogue Weddings [Vogue]
· From Audrey Hepburn to Maya Rudolph, Presenting 23 Most Iconic Movie Brides. And Their Dresses, Obviously [Racked]
· UPDATE: A Photo of the Man Repeller's Wedding Dress Has Surfaced, And It Is Awesome. Of Course [Racked]