Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Miranda Kerr, via WWD
1. "The hearty lunch menu consisted of tomato bisque soup, pasta, salad, roast beef with creamy horseradish sauce, stuffed chicken, ice cream, cookies and chocolate-covered strawberries."
Because all those stories about models dieting like crazy in order to wear underwear in front of millions of people can't possibly be true if we tell stories about insane junk food spreads backstage!
2. Your lingerie-ogling is for a good cause.
Victoria's Secret and CBS (who is airing the special) each donated a million bucks to Hurricane Sandy relief. That's on top of that generator/power help that VS gave the National Guard last week.
3. The beauty look is something a regular woman would wear. But Angelworthy.
"It's all about how every woman would like to look and then we upgrade it for the Angels with black mascara on the upper lashes and brown on the lower lashes, berry and pink sheer lips."
4. The performers this year are Rihanna, Justin Bieber, and Bruno Mars.
So, does that mean that Adam Levine won't re-enact last year's romantic moment with Anne V with his new Angel girlfriend Behati Prinsloo?
5. Social media matters, y'all.
The head honcho at VS said that the three artists performing at the show "have a combined following of 140 million on Twitter and Facebook." Maybe they can use their fame to raise awareness about this little random TV special they're going to be on.
· Backstage at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show [WWD]
· Victoria's Secret Angel Karlie Kloss Had the Nerve To Get a Haircut Right Before the Show [Racked]
· Alessandra Ambrosio Is Modeling the Traditional Crazy-Expensive Victoria's Secret Bra This Year [Racked]