Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Tonal texture x hourglass silhouette + gold glitter pumps = classic NYE prettiness | Topshop High Neck Flocked Dress in black,
- Otherworldly embroidery + lucite heel = alien from planet party | 3.1 Phillip Lim All Eyes On You dress in black, $795, Jef
- A-line pleather + printed ponyhair = queen of the jungle | Zara A-line Dress in black,
- '50s silhouette in metallic + sexy-badass hybrid booties = sweet but tough | Opening Ceremony Cross-Panel Dress, $390 at OTTE, Theory Debra Ogden Ankle Bootie in
- Minimal shift + punch of color x optic pumps = arty party babe dying for a topknot and a red lip | Tibi Fade Out Stripe Dress, $425 + Alice + Olivia Dina Str
- Tromp l'oeil lace shift + pointy pumps with scalloped suede and mesh = master of illusions 2013 | J. Crew Jules dress in lacy, $238 + Pour La Victoire
- sexy collarbone swag x bodycon ÷ long sleeves + super sharp blue suede shoes = modern confidence | Helmut Lang Flare Dress in black, $425 +
- Digital mirror print ÷ bodycon x ankle strap + mesh = who are we kidding, you're going to a club | Emma Cook Jessie Mini Dress, $550 at Net-A-Porter + Alexander Wang Sabine in black
If your mind has not yet wandered into wondering what you'll wear for New Year's Eve, we're worried about you. Barring your birthday or, say, your ex-boyfriend's wedding, this is the best excuse of the year to buy an over-the-top dress and a pair of completely impractical heels. Also, on a self-improvement note, it's a great excuse to experiment with colors and fabrications you'd normally steer clear of (hi, lasar-cut leather, it's me, I'm ready).
The mess of sequins and peplums and sheer panels can be down right overwhelming, so we've put together eight New Year's Eve dress + shoe equations in the gallery above. Click through for frocks by 3.1 Phillip Lim and Helmut Lang paired with complementary kicks from Pixie Market, Alexander Wang and much more. Happy shopping and safe partying to you!—Nicola Fumo
· All Buy It Now Posts [Racked]