Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
This year's standout shoes can be broken into two distinct categories: The eminently wearable (Kate Middleton's nude LK Bennett pumps, rag & bone's ubiquitous Newbury ankle boots) and crazy fantasy footwear (Prada's hot rod stilettos, everything Footwear News Designer of the Year Charlotte Olympia designed). After the jump, see our picks for the 15 most memorable shoes of the year, and feel free to share yours in the comments.
- Miu Miu Spring/Summer 2012, as seen on Eva Chen.
- Alexander Wang, Spring/Summer 2013, Alexanderwang.com Pinterest
- Lena Dunham's pink Stella McCartney pumps for the 2012 Met Gala, via Getty
- Charlotte Olympia, Spring/Summer 2012
- Chanel, Fall Winter 2012/2013, Chanel Facebook
- Kate Middleton's go-to LK Bennett nude pumps, via Getty
- The original Isabel Marrant wedge sneaker
- Prada's hot rod stilettos from the Spring/Summer 2012 collection, via Getty
- Salvatore Ferragamo, Spring Summer 2013, Salvatore Ferragamo Pinterest
- Fendi, Spring Summer 2013, Fendi Pinterest
- The classic rag & bone Newbury ankle boot, as seen on celebs and off-duty models everywhere this year
- Guiseppe Zanotti x Kanye West, Guiseppe Zanotti Facebook
- Louis Vuitton, Spring Summer 2012Louis Vuitton Facebook
- Nicholas Kirkwood, Autumn/Winter 2012, Nicholas Kirkwood Facebook Page
- Proenza Schouler, Fall 2012, Proenza Schouler Facebook
· All year in review posts [Racked]