Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Like flash mobs? Hate planning things? Interested in getting married? Too bad Gilt can't help you any more. A $20,000 flash mob wedding proposal in a New York's Artisanal Fromagerie and Bistro, which is best known for catering to "the basest of lactic desires" according to Gourmet magazine, is no longer available.
But in case you still want to dream about it, this is what that kind of money would get you:
1. Up to 30 dancers posing as dinner guests and corralled by an "award-winning" choreographer
2. Your choice of music. (Sorry, Bruno Mars' "Marry You" is taken.)
3. Video of the event taken by professional videographer (for the YouTubes, of course)
4. Five-course chef's tasting menu paired with wines for two people (not that anyone on YouTube will care about that)
5. A date you have to go through with it. December 12.
If you're currently bummed that you can't spend 20k on such an awesome proposal, here's hoping your sweetie turns to you this Wednesday and casually announces, "I'm feeling cheese tonight."
· Gilt City: Artisanal Fromagerie and Bistro [Official Site]
· Meet the Adorable Couple Behind The Viral Bruno Mars Lip-Dub Proposal Video [Racked]