Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Yes, those are 24K gold-leaf capsules that "turn your innermost parts into chambers of wealth," according to the product description. They're $425 (for each? For three? No telling) and, as SheFinds point out, they will literally make you shit gold.
But why stop there? If you're rich enough for gold shit, you may be interested in these other uses we just brainstormed for the pills.
1. Great for pranks. Distribute a couple in grandpa's pill tray over Christmas dinner and watch as hilarity ensues. Bonus! Take bets with other family members on whether or not his digestive track can handle the opulence (whoever loses has to pay for the ambulance costs!)
2. Step one: Identify a person who takes them seriously. Step two: Buy all the capsules and melt them down. Step three: Temple of Doom it.
3. Give them as a wedding present for whoever bought Gilt's $20K flash-mob marriage proposal package.
· CITIZEN:Citizen [Official Site, via SheFinds]
· Someone Bought Gilt's $20,000 Flash Mob Wedding Proposal [Racked]