Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Ladies Emporium, white fingerless gloves, $9, ladiesemporium.com
- Ladies emporium, lace gloves, $9, ladiesemporium.com
- Ladies Emporium, white crochet gloves, $9, ladiesemporium.com
- Ladies Emporium, classic fingerless gloves,$9, ladiesemporium.com
- Ladies Emporium, lace gloves with cuffs, $9,
- White poise gloves, $12, modcloth.com
- Forzieri Italia, black flowered lace gloves, $75, forzieri.com
- Forzieri Italia, black fingerless gloves, $62, forzieri.com
If we've learned anything from Downton Abbey, it's that covering up can be just as alluring as letting it all out. (Thank you, Lady Mary.) So this year, in honor of our favorite Edwardian period drama, we invite like you to consider a set of lace or crochet gloves to accent your Valentine's Day look.
Hear us out: For one thing, lace is a beloved material, not to mention a designer favorite for spring. For another, it has somehow become one of the expected decorations for cupid’s high-holiday. And in a glove, lace maintains a certain delicacy and elegance that is very seductive to the opposite sex, if Downton is to be believed. Have a look at the ones we picked in the gallery above and see for yourself.—Rebecca Suhrawardi
· Tadashi Shoji and The Downton Abbey Effect [Racked]
· Valentine's Day Shopping: The 12 Lingerie Sites You Should Bookmark Now [Racked]
· All Valentine's Day coverage [Racked]