Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- O.P.I. "Road House Blues" at Rebecca Taylor. Photo: O.P.I.
- CND Colour "Midnight Sapphire" at Milly. Photo: CND.
- O.P.I "Passion" at BCBGMaxAzria. Photo: O.P.I.
- Essie "Licorice" and "Going Incognito" at Rachel Roy. Photo: Essie
- Betsey Johnson for Sephora by O.P.I. "XOX Betsey ," "Sparkling Personality" and "Forever Wild" at Betsey Johnson. Photo: Anna Fischer
- O.P.I. "Passion" at Herve Leger. Photo: O.P.I.
- Haven for Essie, using Essie "Jazz" at Edun. Photo: Anna Fischer
- CND Colour "Bloodline" at Naeem Khan. Photo: CND.
- CND Colours in "Plumville", "Electric Orange," "Bicycle Yellow," and "Anchor Blue" at Nicole Miller. Photo: CND
- CND Colour in "Silver Chrome" topped with "Putty" or "Desert Suedeat" at M.Patmos. Photo: CND
- Essie "Sew Psyched" with a thin coat of "Mint Candy Apple" at Creatures of the Wind. Photo: Essie
- O.P.I. "San-Tan-tonio" at Jason Wu. Photo: O.P.I.
- Deborah Lippmann "Fade to Black" and "I'm Not Innocent" at Kate Spade
- O.P.I. "A Good Man-darin is Hard to Find" at Lauren Moffatt. Photo: O.P.I.
- Essie "Little Brown Dress" and "As Gold As It Gets" at Pamela Love. Photo: Essie
- Essie "Glamour Purse" at Richard Chai. Photo: Essie
- CND's custom "Biker Nails" at the Blonds, created by CND's Kristina Estabrooks and her team. Photo: CND.
Obviously, Fashion Week has never just been about the clothes on the runway. It's also about the front row, what people are wearing outside of the tents, what kind of snacks there are, and of course, the nails.
This season, crazy nail art took a backseat to nudes and deep emeralds, purples, and blues. Though we did spot some crazy creations (see: Nicole Miller's time machine nails, and The Blonds' biker nails, both from CND) Essie's "Jazz" and O.P.I.'s "Passion" kept things clean and simple. On the other hand (get it!), CND's "Midnight Sapphire" and "Bloodline" were used for a darker, moodier nail effect. Take a look through the gallery above of some of our favorite nails spotted backstage throughout the week.
· All Fashion Week Beauty Coverage [Racked]
· All Fashion Week Fall 2012 Coverage [Racked]