Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Balmain green double-breasted jacket, was $3,030, now $1,515.
- The Row tailored linen blazer, $1,200.
- Pink Tartan waffle weave, flare-and-fit dress,
- Oasis single-breasted crepe tuxedo jacket, $120.
- Rachel Zoe Sullivan tailored leather blazer,
- Donna Karan structured jersey cardigan, was $1,095, now,
- Erdem floral printed mesh dress, $2,173.
- Mackage peak-shouldered wool-blend and leather jacket, was $450, now $202.50.
- Forever 21 ponte knit blazer, $29.80.
- Maison Martin Margiela Peak-Lapel jacket dress, $2,240.
- Felder Felder, Harvey wool and leather jacket, was $705, now $317.
Presidents' Day is here, and that means kicking back for a well-deserved long weekend in recognition of the most powerful figures in the United States. So thank you Lincoln, Washington, Roosevelt, and Obama—we are thrilled to be taking respite after a manic New York Fashion Week in honor of you guys.
But it got us thinking, about power and all, and just because we have yet to see a woman in the oval office, that doesn't mean we can't use this opportunity to make sure power pieces make their way into our wardrobes. Check out the gallery above, which is filled with a plethora of the most imposing, confidence-inspiring, don't-mess-with-me, power pieces we could find: think peaked shoulders, military-inspired jackets, bright colors, bold prints, body con shapes—and nary a black two-piece suit in sight. So here you go: 12 power pieces you can get right now.—Rebecca Suhrawardi