Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Last night's episode of Bravo's It's a Brad, Brad World turned out to be a pretty big one for Mr. Brad: He traveled to New York to see mock-ups of his page of Brad bytes in InStyle as well as his 12-page spread in Details. He also revealed that, yes, he sold his book. On the home front he and Gary met with a dog trainer in hopes of grounding crazy/adorable Penelope. He had his first fitting at his new studio—with Shay Mitchell for an awards event for Much Music. And, the duo—well, mainly Gary (who is a touch persnickety to say the absolute least)—continued to plan their tenth anniversary party.
One misstep—Brad wore a Thom Browne shorts suit to a Trevor Project benefit. It was covered in tiny black bows.
10. Johnny Weir also wore a shorts suit to the party. "I wore it best—sorry!"
9. "There is a fine line between tasteful and tasteless."
8. On Penelope, the dog: "She thinks we're dating."
7. A vicious cycle: She barks, Brad asks her what's up, she barks back, he keeps talking to her, she gets all riled up "and then I get annoyed because she won't stop."
6. There is so much natural sunlight in the new studio "you can totally tan at your desk!"
5. The life of a stylist: "I'm always trapped by trunks and rolling racks, in every picture."
4. And: "I think it's, like, the most anxiety-ridden job like anyone could have." Um ?
3. "? Exactly the way I'd want to live if I was a woman." (It involves Ferragamo.)
2. "I might slap on a bowtie!"
1. And, "I might celebrate by wearing a bowtie!"
Crying moments: 0