Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
· Kate Middleton is judging a student design contest that will yield a pair of custom shoes that the duchess is obligated to actually wear. Prepare to see Kate way out of her footwear comfort zone. [Daily Mail]
· A look at the dresses from New York Fashion Week that made it onto the Oscars red carpet: Zac Posen, Marchesa, Badgley Mischka, check. [WSJ]
· In other Oscars news, our LA editors share what it's like to camp out at the Kodak Theater bleachers for the big day. [Racked LA]
· The Mad Men team is amping up the Season 5 hype, starting with this confusing ad starring Don Draper and a naked mannequin. [NY Racked]
· In an interview, shoe designer Christian Louboutin clarifies that he will never, ever, dance at Crazy Horse. Because apparently there are people who would like to see that happen. [Footwear News]