Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
My how time flies: Last night was the season finale of Bravo's It's a Brad, Brad World. And, Mr. Brad was quite busy—first a last-minute styling job for J Brand in the midst of figuring out Jessica Alba's pregnant Spy Kids premier look (they went with Dolce & Gabbana). Then, of course, the anniversary party: Brad has bridal fantasies, gets manicures, naps, wears Lanvin; Gary questions every last move the party planners make before finally being forced to shower, dress, and have a stiff drink.
The party was a smash, and Gary's big surprise involved a crazy flash mob/musical theater Les Miserables medley. Yes, Gary sang—and so did just about everyone else (including party guest Megan Mullally—who has now officially guest starred on every single show on television).
Oh, no big deal: Brad also got word—at his party—that he was just asked to be Kate Spade's brand stylist on call.
A final note: Jasper, the couple's poodle-y senior citizen dog, passed away. The episode was in the poor little thing's memory.
10. If you wear nautical stripes around Brad he will scream "Ships ahoy!" Fair warning.
9. "I have pretty feet!"
8. Take solace Gary: "No matter how much time I spend with my dresses—I love you more than them."
7. "It's Twiggy-slash-Linda Evangelista!"
6. Gasp! "Are you eating pasta tonight?"
5. Why does everything turn into a wedding fantasy, Brad? "Because of Sixteen Candles!"
4. "? Before or after you lift my veil and give me a kiss ?"
3. Brad describes how his look and attitude in Greece, where he met Gary, involved "a little bit of Canadian-model sass ?"
2. Brad swore he wouldn't cry at the party (he kinda did); saying he might just need "a private cry somewhere."
1. "Model face!"
Crying moments: 1.5