Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Hallmark isn't the only one that can make a holiday out of nothing. The fashion industry has decided that "Leap Day" is a sale-worthy event, and wants you to reap the benefits—mostly in the form of a clever "29% off" discount. Here are a few that have landed in our inbox this morning. Know any others? Send 'em to the tipline via firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll update this post with your finds.
· Banana Republic: 29% off full-priced styles with code BRLEAPYEAR
· The Limited: Buy 1 get 1 free tops & sweaters
· Betsey Johnson: 25% off all full-price apparel, in stores and online (discount applied at checkout)
· Urban Outfitters: 29% off select items
· ASOS: An extra 10% off a specially reduced Leap Year boutique with code LEAPYEAHUSA
· StyleMint: Buy one tee and get your second for 30% off using code 30LEAP
· Jack Spade: 29% off full price products with code LEAP29
· DKNY: 29% off site wide, no code
· Sephora: All orders $29 and over get free shipping today with code LEAPYEAR