Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
· Refinery29 has listed what they expect to be the five biggest nail art trends of this year, based off of what was shown at the spring 2012 shows. They include foiled metallics, a freehand ombré, and more. [Refinery29]
· And speaking of nails, was the blue nail polish Beyoncé wore last night to Jay-Z's Carnegie Hall concert a tribute to Blue Ivy Carter? Probably. [Glamour]
· And now, two interesting celebrity/fashion campaigns: Leigh Lezark for Emerson, and Michelle Williams for Boy by Band of Outsiders. They're both kind of moody, but Michelle Williams' somehow manages to be more lighthearted, despite the fact that it was shot in a cemetery. [Lucky; The Cut]
· Gucci's fall/winter collection appeared on over 100 covers this season. (The count is actually 102.) Louis Vuitton made it onto 77 covers, and Prada, 44. If you'd like to see all of them, you can. [Fashionista]
· Model Sara Ziff has founded the group Model Alliance, a non-profit that strives to protect models from financial and sexual exploitation. Diane Von Furstenberg has hopped on board to promote a rule that would ban photographers from the models' changing area. [Racked NY]