Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Vera Neumann linen floral napkin pillow, $46.
- Vintage Vera silk scarf pillow, $150.
- Vera Neumann for Burlington quilted bedspread, $45.
- Vintage Vera silk scarf pillow, $75.
- Vera Neumann silk scarf pillow, $62.
- Vintage 70s Vera Neumann for Burlington queen size sheets. Sold out!
- Vera Neumann green floral napkin pillow, $46.
When the first episode of Mad Men Season 5 premiered, the world (well, Twitter at least) was buzzing about two very important things: Megan's zoo-bee-hoobee-woo song and dance, and Sally Draper's super-retro bedspread. Turns out, as our moms have told us, the back-in-the day bedding was Vera Neumann. The artist licensed her prints to Burlington Co., Mikasa, and Island Worchester, and according to this history lesson, the collections were available 20,000 specialty and department stores worldwide.
We're no bedding experts, but given how historically accurate Mad Men aims to be, and how très chic Megan is, we're betting Sally's bedspread is a Vera. Fast forward to today, and the brand is having an Etsy revival. Vera lovers have been hunting this stuff down for a long time, but of course, all it took was something Jon Hamm is involved in to grab our attention. Click through the gallery above for a few of our favorite finds.
· Episode 1: Who Looks the Most Ridiculous at Don's Birthday Party? [Racked]
· All Mad Men Coverage [Racked]