Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Sephora already has major market dominance when it comes to beauty products and tools, but that's just the beginning. This week, they began testing some of their new web tools with VIP members, and those tools will be available to the public (aka: you and me) by April. What are they? Here's what we know:
· New "search by skin type" feature: Sephora's updating their tagging system so that you are more likely to find the skincare product you need. Right now you can only refine searches by price and popularity.
· New search by color" feature: This will be extra helpful when the Pantone collab comes out.
· Improved "quick view" feature: This is the tool that lets you drag your mouse over a particular item to see a closer-up version. With the updated functionality, you won't have to click away from a search page to learn more about a product, which is great if you're choosing between a few similar ones.
· Sync function for your in-store and online purchases: Now you can see what you bought in the past, both from the website and in Sephora stores. This is particularly great for drunk shoppers who don't actually remember what they ordered.
· In-store info: On that note, Sephora.com will also tell you which items are available at the store closest to you, should you be so inclined to do that whole "buy stuff in an actual store while talking to actual humans" thing.
· Sephora to Test New Web Site Features [WWD]
· Prabal Gurung Debuts New Uniforms for Sephora [Racked NY]